karaoke world championship NEWS 2009
Clondalkin local and stay at home mum Jennifer Ward wowed the crowds and the judges with a
spectacular rendition of Beyonce’s ‘If I were A Boy’, while Adrian Kenny, from Mayfield,
Cork, blew everyone away with Leonard Cohen’s ‘Hallelujah’. Both winners will now go on to
represent Ireland at the Karaoke World Championships in Finland later this year, and bookie
Paddy Power is already rating them to win the World’s! Adrian is 6/1 to bring the gold home
while Jennifer is 8/1.
Sharon McHugh, one of this year’s Karaoke judges and spokesperson for Paddy Power said:
“The standard was very high at this year’s Irish Karaoke Final, in particular the men.
It was almost impossible to pick a winner as three or four stood out as different class.
On behalf of Paddy Power, I wish both Jennifer and Adrian the very best of luck in Finland in
Amongst the judges at this year’s paddypowerbingo.com Irish Karaoke Championships
were Giorgio Ricci from Roland Europe Eurovision star Sinead Mulvey and former Eurovision
arranger and producer and all round talented musician Frank McNamara.
The Karaoke World Championships (KWC) takes place
on Friday 11th and Saturday 12th September in Lahti, Finland.
HEATS WILL BE STARTING THROUGH IRELAND FOR 2010 WILL BEGIN IN FEBRUARY
PLEASE CHECK BACK HERE THEN.... WHEN IT ALL BEGINS AGAIN !!!
Limerick’s Elaine O’Halloran and Dublin’s Gerry Ryan Show karaoke king
Sean Boland were the toast of the Red Cow over the weekend as they sang
their way to victory in the paddypowerbingo.com Irish Karaoke Championships.
Pint sized stunner Elaine wowed the crowds and the judges
with a racy rendition of Tina Turner’s ‘River Deep Mountain High’,
while Sean bowled everyone over with Marc Cohn’s ‘Walking in Memphis’.
Both winners will now go on to represent Ireland at the
Karaoke World Championships in Finland later this year.
Sharon McHugh, one of this year’s Karaoke judges and spokesperson for
Paddy Power said:
“The standard was very high at this year’s
Irish Karaoke Final but for us there were only
two people who stood out as all round fantastic performers.
We’re confident that both Elaine and Sean will do a great job at representing Ireland
at the World Championships later this year.”
Pictured together is Elaine and Sean with Brian Ormond,
the host of this year's paddypowerbingo.com
Irish Karaoke Championship and Donegal singer Mickey Joe Harte
who acted as a judge on the night.
music by bigjohnskaraoke
RED COW MORNS HOTEL 2008
The ryan show ladies final 2008
They did Ireland Proud at KWC 2007 ThailandCONGRATULATIONS to
Vanessa Cooney, who came 2nd in KWC 2007
& David Naughton who came 3rd in KWC 2007
1. The competition is open to amateurs who are interested in karaoke-singing. It is not for professional singers. An amateur is defined as a singer who is not currently making a full-time income from singing.
2. Anybody over 18 years of age can compete (men and women).
3. Men and women will have their own categories. Unfortunately no duets are allowed.
4. The language used in singing may be chosen freely and competitors can bring their own karaoke discs (manufacturers CD's only, not copies!) of their songs (5 different songs). Maximum length of one song is +/- 5 minutes.
5. The competition will last 3 days and nights
6. The finalist winners will be awarded (five best women and five best men).
7. The winners of the men´s and women´s categories will be THE WORLD CHAMPIONS OF KARAOKE 2008.
8. The jury of the finals will consist of music and singing professionals.
9. To represent Ireland in the Karaoke World Championships, participants must hold a current Irish passport.
SUMMARY OF THE FIVE MAIN JUDGING CRITERIA
1. VOICE SOUND QUALITY
- The quality and individual characteristics of the voice
2. RHYTM & TEMPO
- The voice in relation to the music
3. VOCAL EXPRESSION
- How well the performer is able to express the meaning and mood of the song
4. STAGE PRESENCE
- The physical expression of the song in terms of the overall visual presentation of the performance on stage
5. ENTERTAINMENT VALUE
- The audience´s and judges´ reaction to the overall performance
Karaoke Ireland Karaoke Bars Karaoke Singing world karaoke championship wedding disco